Finding & Requesting Resources
To find resources you can:
- Search the library catalogue
- Browse our reading lists which you’ll find on the left hand toolbar of the library catalogue
- Email us to subscribe to our weekly newsletter
- Ask our librarian for help finding resources in the collection and online
Once you’ve registered with the library, you can email the library to request resources. Please include the title and call number of the items you are requesting. You can cut and paste information from the catalogue into your email.
Tip: If you have more than one item, you can make a list to cut and paste. Just press the “Add to This List” button next to each item you’re requesting and when you’re finished adding all the titles, click “Resource Lists” in the left side toolbar, click the “My Lists” tab, click “View”, click “Printable”, and then cut and paste. (It’s easier than it sounds!)
Once we receive your request your resources will be sent by mail and should arrive within two weeks with all the information you will need to return them (see more details below). If your request is on loan, you will be placed on the reserve list.
Library resources may be borrowed for 6 weeks. If there is a waiting list then the loan period is reduced to 4 weeks. Resources may be renewed by email if there is no waiting list.
Returning Your Resources
Please return resources by the due date, or email us to ask for an extension and we will renew them and send you an updated due date:
- You will receive a postage-paid return mailing label with your package. Be sure to keep it! If the envelope or box the material arrived in is in good condition, re-use it to return your loan.
- Follow the instructions on the mailing label and drop off the package in a Canada Post box or post office. No postage is required. BCSTH covers all postage costs.