Through training, resources, advocacy and research the BC Society of Transition Houses serves and supports anti-violence workers providing support services and programs for women, children and youth experiencing violence. Our support includes:
- Developing and delivering training, including our Annual Training Forum
- Keeping members up-to-date on emerging provincial, national and international issues
- Advocating on behalf of our membership to government and other stakeholders
- Providing public education and prevention activities
- Providing a free library of resources to members
- Researching and publishing position papers on legal issues, policy analysis, practice guidance, and more
We approach anti-violence work through an intersectional feminist framework incorporating a critical lens to the systems of power and oppression.
Please note: BCSTH does not provide direct services or online support, please visit the Get help now section of our site if you require immediate assistance.