Full Memberships are available for Transition, Second and Third Stage Houses, Safe Homes and PEACE (formerly Children Who Witness Abuse) and other similar programs across BC.
- 2022 membership is valid between April 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023
- To apply for a full membership please complete the application form. Please note: Membership applications are approved by the BCSTH Board of Directors and can take up to 4 weeks
If you meet the following criteria you are eligible for Full membership:
Associate Memberships are available for those who have demonstrated a commitment to supporting women, children and youth experiencing violence.
- Agency $150/year | *Individual $75/year
- 2022 membership is valid between April 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023.
- To apply for an associate membership please complete the application form. Please note: Membership applications are approved by the BCSTH Board of Directors and can take up to 4 weeks
If you meet the following criteria you are eligible for Associate membership*:
- You support BCSTH’s mission, vision, approaches and principles
- You are not in any conflict of interest with BCSTH *Associate Individual Membership is for those who do not belong to an agency, or who want to obtain Individual membership apart from their agency
When You Join
New members are mailed a small welcome package that includes our latest Annual Report, BCSTH brochure and postcards.
Please scroll down for details about the benefits of Full or Associate membership.
Advocacy and Engagement: Share the realities and challenges of direct service with BCSTH to inform its advocacy work in support of transitional housing and related programs at the local, provincial and national level.
BCSTH Weekly Newsletter: The BCSTH weekly newsletter for our members goes out every Tuesday. You will find it filled with updates about the work going on at BCSTH and sector news, along with training and funding opportunities.
Job Postings: Post your organization’s job opportunities on the BCSTH Employment page.
Member Listservs (for Full Members): BCSTH listservs are a great way to connect with other members! We support listservs for Executive Directors/Managers, Transition Houses, Second Stage Houses, Safe Homes, PEACE, VIP and fundraising. You are welcome to subscribe to multiple lists.
Policy & Practice Portal: Offers members a way to easily share policies and practices in a secure online environment.
Regional Meetings: Connect with others through regional meetings of BCSTH members to share information and discuss current issues.
Voting Rights (for Full Members): As a BCSTH Full Member, you have one vote for your agency each year at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Training & Professional Development
Annual Training Forum (ATF) – Full and Associate Member Rates: Every year, the BCSTH Annual Training Forum (ATF) hosts over 300 anti-violence workers, managers and executive directors who support women, youth and children in Transition and Second Stage Houses, Safe Homes, PEACE and VIP programs.
BCSTH Training – Full and Associate Member Rates: BCSTH develops and delivers online and in-person training tailored for anti-violence workers who work directly with women, children and youth experiencing violence.
Pilot Projects: Access opportunities to break new ground by participating in BCSTH Pilot Projects.
You can find all our resources and publications on the website.
BCSTH Library: BCSTH curates an extensive online catalogue of resources and library lending services for our members.
- Receive a 10% discount on HRdownloads™ human resource services
- Access to CanTalk translation/interpretation service with a waived set-up charge
- Limited subsidy for the online platform ResourceConnect