Violence Is Preventable (VIP) is a free, confidential, school-based violence prevention program for students in grades K-12. VIP presentations are delivered by Prevention, Education, Advocacy, Counselling and Empowerment (PEACE) Program counselors. Presentations increase awareness of the effects that domestic violence has on students while connecting those experiencing violence to PEACE Program counselling.
The program curriculum reflects the core competencies outlined by the Ministry of Education.
- Violence Is Preventable Program Postcard
- What British Columbia students are saying after participating in BCSTH’s Violence Is Preventable Program
VIP Resources for Students
VIP Resources for PEACE Counsellors and Educators
- VIP Curriculum
- VIP Facilitators Guide
- In Every Classroom: Schools as Partners in Supporting Children & Youth Exposed to Domestic Violence Video
- Violence Is Preventable for Very Important People Video
- It IS a Big Deal: Youth Responses to Being Exposed to Domestic Violence Video
Violence is Preventable Training (VIP)
Violence is Preventable is a self-directed online course focusing on violence prevention in the context of gender-based violence in Canada, including our society’s thoughts about children and youth’s experience of violence against their mothers, and how prevention activities can help.
This project launched in 2004 and currently has been made possible through funding from the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General.